Friday, February 23, 2018

{Review} Whole Heart by Passion (CD)



Yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your truth we wait eagerly for You, 
for Your name and Your renown are the desire of our hearts. 
~Isaiah 26:8

The newest album from the Passion movement - Whole Heart - is being released today.

What is the Passion movement? Passion started in 1995 and is based on the verse from Isaiah that I posted above. Their mission is to reach young people ages 18-25 and create a revival in that age group. Their stated goal on their website is to lead people towards "renewed intimacy with God."

Lead by Louie & Shelley Giglio, Passion holds conferences and has musicians such as Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman lead the worship. The music has moved beyond the conferences and into churches around the globe. 

Their newest album was recorded live at the latest Passion Conference and features artists such as Crowder and Kristian Stanfill. Some of the songs may be ones you've heard before like "God, You're So Good" or "Great are You Lord" or they may be brand new like "Ghost" which features Crowder or "All My Hope" which is another new one by Crowder. 



Your love it comes with no conditions
You give us Your whole heart
My hope is in the blood of Jesus
I know who I am because of who You are

I had the opportunity to get a sneak peak at the album. I've been listening to it now for the last couple of weeks and it's been fantastic. It's full of wonderful worship songs. And since it was recorded live some are longer than a typical song you might hear on the radio (four go over five minutes along). I can only imagine what it must have been to be there live during this recording. 

I love going to live worship concerts. I always feel like it's a small taste of heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?