Wednesday, October 31, 2018

{Review} Chris Tomlin's HOLY ROAR CD


I first heard Chris Tomlin sing live in 2005. He was the opening act for Steven Curtis Chapman and I was only vaguely familiar with his music at that time. I was most excited about seeing SCC and Casting Crowns (also the first time I heard Casting Crowns live as well). I still remember that concert. It was one of the first concerts I had ever been to period and it was well worth it. All three acts were stellar and I was now interested in hearing more from this new to me artist, Chris Tomlin.

Over the ensuing years, Chris Tomlin has only gained in popularity. Just last week he released his newest album, Holy Roar. I think most people probably sing a Chris Tomlin song in church at least once a month or more. He's been a very prolific (and excellent) singer/songwriter over the last 25 years. Wow...now I'm feeling a bit old. I didn't realize it had been that long!

In that time frame, Chris Tomlin has sold over 8 million records (crazy!) and has had sixteen number one hits. He's received many awards and continues to produce new music as well as tour. He is one of my favorite artists to see live and at last count I think I've seen him five times live. 


I've been playing his newest album in my truck over the last few days. Holy Roar has twelve tracks including the title song. One of the first tracks released to radio was Resurrection Power. 


You called me from the grave by name
You called me out of all my shame
I see the old has passed away
The new has come

Now I have resurrection power
Living on the inside
Jesus, You have given us freedom
No longer bound by sin and darkness
Living in the light of your goodness
You have given us freedom

Chris Tomlin has always been one of my favorite contemporary Christian singers and his new album does not disappoint. I have enjoyed listening to it as have my boys. I highly recommend it.


Disclaimer: Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this CD for review.  Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?