Wednesday, December 5, 2018

What I Learned Doing NaNoWriMo in 2018


Ack! This was not a good year for me in regards to NaNoWriMo. I managed to squeak out about 7,500 words. I'd love to list a whole bunch of excuses but I really have none. I wasn't "feeling" the story but honestly, that shouldn't matter either.

What I did learn is this...

  1. Writing is work. Yes, I enjoy it, but it's not always about "feeling" the story. It's about getting the words out of my head and on to the paper.
  2. I have a lot of ideas floating around my head. If I don't put them down somewhere they will fly away forever never to return.
  3. I really do want to write. 
That last one is probably the most important one for me. I have said I have wanted that for quite some time but I have yet to make the time to do anything about it. 

I am using this year's NaNoWriMo to propel me forward in 2019 and work on writing - daily. I will be working on getting those ideas out of my head and on to, um, paper - digitally speaking. 

So while I didn't win this year by completing 50,000 words, I learned a lot about myself and how I need to structure things in order to make my dreams a reality. Here's to more writing in 2019!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?