Monday, June 10, 2019

Misfits Market

Misfits Market


The name alone caught my eye. I've been seeing ads on Facebook for something called "Misfits Market." It looked interesting but not enough to really make me look further. And then I had a couple of local friends order boxes and start sharing how much they liked it!

As the name implies, the company is dedicated, as they say, to ending food waste. The food they sell are items that cannot be sold in stores - for whatever reason. Most often it is simply due to what the food looks like - it isn't "pretty enough."


Based on what my friends liked about it, I decided to give it a try. Using one of my friends referral codes, I ordered my first box. The referral code gives you 25% off your first order. I opted for the smaller box, the Mischief size, since I'm not cooking a lot nor do most of my family eat fruits and veggies. Yes, I know, that's another battle for another day. (My referral code is at the end of this post...hint...hint...hint...)

The photo above is what I received - all for just under $20 - and all organic.

onions, mangoes, and red potatoes 

lots of small multi-colored peppers

head of romaine lettuce, bunch of radishes 

head of cauliflower, squash, zucchini 

I did receive three peaches in the box. One came already going bad and the other two went bad within just a couple of days of receiving them. I have found peaches to be a little like avocados in there regard to when they are ripe. My hubby has already eaten some of the peppers and loved them. I'm planning to use some of the other produce for meals this week. 

Misfits Market offers a one time purchase or a subscription. I opted to do a subscription and have it delivered every two weeks. I do not enjoy gardening and this is a quick and easy way to ensure that we have some good fruits and veggies on hand for meals.

The food is shipped in a box lined with plastic covered Styrofoam - essentially making a regular cardboard box into a cooler. Most of the food is loose in the box. You can see in the photos that some were contained in bags. There were also two reusable cold packs included. This shipped very quickly to me via UPS. The day I ordered it, it was out for shipping and I received it two days later. 

If you are interested in trying out your own box, here is my referral code: http://misfitsmarket.refr.cc/lisaberry You can click on that to receive 25% off your first order. I do receive a small kickback for you using it - it's a win-win!

Disclaimer: I ordered through Misfits Market all on my own. I received nothing in exchange for this review. I just really liked the service they offer so I wanted to share about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?