Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Blankies

For Christmas I wanted to make blankets for my boys. I even got up VERY early the day after Thanksgiving to go to Joann's to buy the fleece & flannel. Then it sat in bags hidden in my hubby's closet. Oh, did I mention that I've never used a sewing machine & that this was to be my first project? Um, yeah. Suddenly I realized it was only about three weeks to Christmas.

Then my sister came in to save me!

She sewed all three of the boys blankets in time for Christmas! Phew! I even managed to tack the two little boys blankets. I still need to do B's blanket.

She didn't manage to do the one I had picked out for my hubby & myself but that wasn't an issue. I knew she would get to it when she could.

It turns out it was a bit more difficult to make simply because it was bigger. We have a queen size bed. However, this past weekend I picked it up & we just love it!

The flannel top is a lodge theme. My hubby wasn't thrilled with the blue background at first but has decided that he does like it. ::grin:: There is some brown fleece on the edge since the flannel wasn't long enough. I really like that though. Then it has a dark green fleece for the backing. My hubby's favorite colors. I think he was secretly thrilled it wasn't "girly!"

If you'd like to see the whole top, click here to check out my Project 365 blog.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    Did you just make up the pattern or is it somewhere online?

    It's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just two pieces of flannel cut & sewed together. :-) Nothing fancy but I love it & it's so nice & cozy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I really like this quilt. I love flannel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... I don't remember you mentioning the part about not knowing how to sew (LOL). That sounds like something I would do. In fact, I did buy a sewing machine and serger once and made a quilt. I think that was the last time I sewed something (LOL).

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?