Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow? What snow!

I live in Maine. We typically get a lot of snow in the winter. A lot! Last year we had a record snowfall. We had so much snow...see....

My clothesline - winter 2008 - taken February 23rd.

However, this year...this year is just plain weird! I'm sure all the southern people can attest to that. And by "southern" I mean everyone south of say Kittery, Maine. It certainly sounds like everyone else in the USA - except for Hawaii - has snow on the ground somewhere. 

Yes, we have snow, but...well take a look....


These photos were taken of the exact same spot. See all those tree stumps...can't see those up above now can you. It's been well over three weeks since we've had any snow at all. I was actually looking forward to the 2-4 inches they were predicting for last night. Guess what? We got nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Not a speck.

I tell ya, it's just weird!!! Oh and I'm not complaining about the lack of snow. I'm just praying we don't get the two months of rain we got last spring. Although given the choice, I'll take rain over snow any day.

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely been an interesting winter here too. Snow is so unusual here but we're are getting quite used to it. More overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents in Ohio have been getting more snow than we have! Definitely odd.

    I've tagged you for some blog fun:
    http://embracingdestiny.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-life-in-songs-by-sting.html

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?