I was invited to try out this meme since The Random Dozen is on hiatus. It's similar in nature to The Random Dozen but it uses quotes from a famous person to get to the questions. Interesting concept I think!
Today we picked Frank Sinatra. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” How often do you drink alcohol?
->Pretty much never. I may have something once a year but generally I don't drink.
2. “The best revenge is massive success.” Have you ever gloated or wanted to over success?
-> Absolutely. Hasn't everyone?
3. “You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the [butt].” What do enjoy most about your life?
-> My family. My husband. Most days - I love my life and all I have. I've truly been blessed beyond what I deserve.
4. “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” Do you ever overthink a situation in your life?
-> Sometimes, but I typically am a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" kind of gal and "it's-what-I-feel-is-best" too. Drives my engineering hubby bonkers.
5. “I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family - and I don't think I could ask for anything more than that, actually.” Tell us about your best friend.
-> I have two. My older sister. She is five years older and growing up she was a typical older sister. In her defense she wasn't all that crazy about having to take care of her two younger sisters - which she had to do a lot. Fast forward a lot of years. She moved out of state and went to college. Came home (some details intentionally being left vague) but over the course of time we realized we actually did like each other and had a lot in common. Now we rarely go a day or two without talking - unless she's working.
My other great friend is someone I met about 7-8 years ago while scrapbooking. I used to host monthly "crops" at my church and she came with another friend. We sat next to each other and started talking. We clicked. We both homeschooled. Over the years we really hit it off.
Now the three of us continue to get together monthly. Email a lot. Talk and always have a good time together.
6. “I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn't be a staring contest.” How important is intelligence when picking (or having picked) a s/o to you?
-> I married an engineer......;-)
7. “I drink to the confusion of our enemies.” What's the closest situation that you've had to dealing with an enemy?
-> Honestly. I can't think of anything huge. I've had tiffs and arguments and been really annoyed with people - but I've never had a true "enemy." At least if I have, I've been too clueless to realize it.
8. “Orange is the happiest color.” What's your favorite color?
-> Um, guess. And I had this font color picked out before I realized this question.
9. “Dare to wear the foolish clown face.” Are you ever a clown?
-> On occasion. I like to make people laugh.
10. “Don't get even, get mad.” Have you ever tried getting even?
-> Not typically. Getting mad works better for me.