Since I have been keeping my homeschool log blog (Freedom Academy) I sometimes am remiss in posting here what we are accomplishing in our day-to-day activities. Although, if you look to the left side bar, you will see where there is a link to the newest post on that blog. All of this is to say, I decided to join the "Weekly Wrap-Up" that is hosted by Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers each week. I figured it was a good way of sharing what we are doing.
Overall I think it was a pretty good start. The boys have been learning that school time is going to be a bit different than before. We switched to Tapestry of Grace - Classic Design. I am borrowing it from a friend to see if it's a good fit before I purchase it. So far - a week in to it - I love it. Why?
- There is an extensive book list of good books for the boys to read.
- We are all covering the same aspects of history on their own levels. This is really helpful.
- There is a schedule I simply have to follow. I don't need to worry about figuring it out for myself.
- It's rich and full. I'm excited about the potential for learning here.
- It's full of easy hands-on ideas - emphasis on "easy!"
I did not jump in feet first, but slowly. If you'd like to see all the bulleted points of what we did this week, feel free to head over to my homeschool "log blog" - Freedom Academy.
This week I mainly focused on getting us back in to the school groove. The older two boys were assigned their reading and we began working on state notebooks and president notebooks. I plan to keep adding more and more until we are doing a full schedule.