Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Do you send Christmas cards? If so about how many will you send this year? How do you display the cards you receive? Or don't you? (gasp!)  Yes, I do send out cards.  I typically send about 100 - I have a large extended family. I change how I display the cards each year. I typically I tape them up on our porch door and on the walls and basically wherever I have room.

2. When do kids become adults? When they live on their own and pay their own bills. At least that is when I became an adult. 

3. Does your 'beauty regimen' change with the seasons? Um....what beauty regimen? Am I suppose to have one? Oops!

4. What's something you like to eat that might cause another person to turn up their nose? I'm pretty picky so I doubt there is anything I eat now that would make folks turn up their noses. However, when I was younger I loved eating my moms homemade sweet pickles with a glass of milk. Yeah. I know. I'd never do it now but I remember it being delicious!

5. Gloves or mittens? Depends on what I'm doing. Typically I grab gloves and sometimes even finger-less ones - I have two pairs and hope to get more. However, if I'm outside playing with the kids in the snow, I'll grab mittens.

6. What's the longest queue you've ever been in? Was it worth it? Queue=line but doesn't queue sound nicer? Well, I'm not typically a patient person. Although the longest lines I've ever stood in were for autographs after concerts (FFH, Casting Crowns, Point of Grace to name a few). And yeah, it was worth it.

7. Besides Christmas, what is one thing you are looking forward to in the month of December? My birthday which is very pretty much around the corner. 

8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm hoping by sharing this I'll find out that I am not the only one who has done this. 

We live in Maine. You would think that by this point in time - since I've lived here my whole life - I would start digging out the winter gear for the boys by mid-October. I should have done that this year. We've already had two snowstorms. Which meant I was digging out stuff at the last minute when the boys want to go outside right now!

I could not find a matching pair of books for my youngest son. I had one boot that was a size 1 and one that was a size 2. So I made him wear those for now until I could buy him a new pair. 

Today I headed to the local thrift store. I had bought three pairs of jeans for me but didn't try them on first which, of course, meant none of them fit. They will allow you to swap out stuff when this happens. I found a pair of jeans for my hubby & one for my oldest. On a whim I went to look at the boots since my oldest needs some winter ones as well. Guess what I found? The match to the size 2 boots. Yup. I had tossed it in a bag for the thrift store during a mad (literally) cleaning frenzy of my younger boys room. 

I sheepishly explained what I did to the lady checking me out and even offered to pay for it. She assured me I wasn't the first to do something like this. The incredulous comment from the other worker broke me into giggles though..."You gave away your son's boots??" Well, no, just one - by mistake. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. I love thrift stores! I could totally see myself doing something like that. Too funny :P

    I lived in Maine for 2 years (it's where I met my husband) so I know all about the weather there!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?