Friday, March 30, 2007

History Fair

The homeschooling group that I belong to has some sort of fair each year. Last year it was a science fair - judged even. B loved it. He won first place for third grade. This year it was a history fair, but not judged, for which I was grateful at least. :-) The children were to choose a person or time period & do a presentation on it. Costumes were welcomed.

B decided to do Robin Hood. It fit well since we are studying the middle ages this year. I was even able to find him a costume on eBay. I love eBay. :-) I took out a bunch of Robin Hood books & he devoured them. He seemed to have taken in plenty of information & did a good job of explaining his display to anyone who stopped by.





This was a diorama that we made.
Ben did most of the work, but I did help some.
The Sheriff is by the castle.
Maid Marian & Robin Hood are by "Sherwood Forest."


Daddy & "Robin Hood"

N, well, for N we did the history of trains. This is the child who has absolutely loved trains since he was about two years old. I found some images on the Internet that he cut out & pasted. Then he told me all he knew about the different types & I typed that for him. To complete his display board he drew some pictures of trains. Then we added a small track with a Thomas going round & round. That drew most of the little boys who were there with their older siblings.




N was hilarious about his display. He would literally run up to people & say, "Come see my display! Come see my display!" This is the child that I have said has never met a stranger. He delighted in sharing his knowledge & did pretty well with it all in all.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! You all did a wonderful job on the displays.

    I'm glad that our various fairs have never been judged, it's just easier that way for so many reasons!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?