Monday, July 30, 2007

Where I Grew Up

My Mom sent these photos to me today. My niece's boyfriend works on cell phone towers. My parents have one in their backyard. He received permission from the company to climb it. He took my Mom's camera & snapped these photos. I thought it was pretty cool.
I grew up in a turn-of-the-century farmhouse. The barn is obvious. Then there is the building with the whitish roof that is smaller than the barn - that is the attached shed. The house has shingles on top. The attached shed made it great for those blizzard-like conditions as you can get to the barn without going outside. We typically use the shed for wood storage & my parents are currently building a utility room out there as well so that the freezer, washer & dryer can be moved out of the house & basement in to that room. It will make it easier for my mom to use them. As I mentioned - this is one old place - which means it does not have a traditional - re: modern day - basement. It is a dug cellar with rocks for a foundation. It really should be replaced at some point but so far it has stood for 100+ years!

This one isn't zoomed in as close. The large "sandbox" is riding ring my parents had made for my niece a few years ago. They bartered it out to the man who did it for them. He got to keep the loam he dug up in exchange for the sand for the ring. She has been riding horses for the last ten years - since she was six - and is very good (in my oh so humble auntie opinion!)

7 comments:

  1. Yes, these are cool pics, Lisa!!! I love map photos, whether far away or close up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat opportunity to get some great pictures. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty neat! I'd love to have that much space for all the kids to run around in. I'm sure it was neat growing up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing - beautiful location.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a view! Every other year or so there is a company that flies around out here doing aerial photos. We always get one and it's been fun to see how our place has changed in the last 40 years or so since my parents first bought this place.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?