Wednesday, November 21, 2012
1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
Love turkey! It's one of my favorite things to eat. And I love dark meat. Yummmmmm..... I don't typically have a lot of leftover turkey. I either just use it for sandwiches or I occasionally will make a soup.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
I prefer neither, but if I had to choose, I'd climb a mountain. This year, instead of my usual Black Friday shopping, I'm going to spend time visiting with family. Then I'm going to end the day with a two hour Zumba workout. I can't wait! I love Zumba.
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
I think they have made it better. I discovered the worldwide web almost 12 years ago. I instantly began connecting with friends online. At first it was a bit odd, but over time, it just seems second nature. I've even met some of these folks in person and they are just as nice in-real-life as they are online. I have made so many friends online that I never would have met in real life and, because of that connection, cultivated those friendships.
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
Yikes. That's a hard one. I'm not sure I do very well expressing gratitude in the midst of the hard times, but I can usually see it after the fact.
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
I do a mix of both. If there is a good deal to be found online, I'm there. In the past few years I have gone out shopping on Black Friday (skipping the mad rushes though) with my sister and another good friend of ours. Due to some life circumstances this year (namely my sister's newly adopted baby girl), we are skipping our shopping excursion. I most likely will do a lot of my buying online as a result. I do like walking through the stores and browsing and soaking in the holiday ambiance. For an introvert, it's actually one of my favorite things to do.
I'm not sure how I feel about the midnight openings. I guess if one is crazy enough to go out then, more power to you!
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
I have a long-sleeve T-shirt from Coldwater Creek that I bought at a discount store that I love. I would wear it ever day if I could. I only wish I had bought more than one as it's starting to get a bit big. I still wear it. It's my absolute favorite.
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
Wow. Everything. I appreciate my hard-working hubby who, with God's grace working completely in his life, realized his dream of owning a business. I appreciate how hard he has worked to make that business thrive. As a result, I appreciate the fact that we are finally home owners once again. I appreciate that not only are we home owners, but we are living in the house of my dreams. I appreciate that my kids are healthy and happy. I appreciate everything.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This year, due to our new home, we're actually hosting Thanksgiving. It's the first time ever. I like it though. I used to say that someday I would have a dining room big enough for everyone to come here. I'm slated to have 10 adults and six kids and I'm pretty sure we can all fit in our dining room....two tables may be needed, but we'll all be in one room.
Posted by Lisa Berry
Labels: Wednesday Hodgepodge