This little comment showed up in my inbox today...."I came across your blog and am now hooked. I've passed on a cute little award to you. Just head over to my blog to 'pick it up'!"Really? Huh. I never thought my life was all that interesting. Kind of makes me happy today. So off I went to be sure this wasn't a stalker or something like that. (Psst...it wasn't.)
Tranquility...and Turmoil (isn't that a great name!!) passed this neat little award on to me. THANKS! Here's the little catch though...(but it's an easy one): I've been asked to post 6 Things I Value & 6 Things That I Don't Value and then to pass this along to 6 other lovely bloggers. So here goes!
6 Things I Value
- My God - I serve an amazing & loving God. I trust wholly in His word & know that he will lead me to where He wants me to be. I value the ability to proclaim His name far & wide without fear of reprisal.
- My Hubby - He is one of the hardest working men I know. He may deny this but I've seen him in action. While I may complain about him being gone a lot during hunting season, he totally deserves that time away. He works in a job with many MANY stresses and yet he does it day after day to provide for me & his sons. Thanks, hon.
- My Boys - I have three amazing boys. I love how much they love me. I love their exuberance. I just love having them around - yes, even when they are totally annoying me! ;-) Which they are so very good at.
- The freedom to homeschool - I value all the hard work that those who went before me put in. I am so thankful that it's a simple matter of a single letter to the state and I can educate my children at home. I read about the hardships in other countries - especially in Germany - where many families have lost their children over this issue. This is one reason the name of our homeschool is Freedom Academy.
- My friends - I have had some truly amazing friends in my life over the years. Some are still there. Some have moved on. But I am truly thankful for all of them. I could start naming names, but I'm not going to. You all know who you are & you know how much I appreciate your friendship. Thanks.
- Diet Mt. Dew - Hey, it was getting a bit serious there for a minute don't you think? This is my favorite drink. I am so very addicted to it & freely admit it. I won't even begin to tell you the number of times I've run out to the "corner store" to get some when I run out. Did I ever mention said corner store is a 30 minute round trip? Anyway, I am working my way off it - I think. But for right now, I really value it! ;-)
6 Things That I Don't Value
- Poor driving - This is probably topping number #1 right now since I was almost hit in the parking lot yesterday as some yahoo drove across the parking spaces to get out. No, he didn't stop. I did. sheesh! That & the fact that we had a drunk driving (at 5pm!!) hit & kill a mom of three children just recently. She was only two years older than I. He forced her off the road & walked away without a scratch. This is after he almost hit 3-4 other people on a busy highway very near to where I live.
- Those who use the argument for "freedom" to push only their viewpoints without listening to others. 'Nuff said I think.
- Gossipping - Probably one of the hardest things not to do but try, please?
- Insurance companies - I won't go in to all the details but read HERE if you haven't read my story.
- People who don't keep their promises - Nothing in particular has happened lately, it just bugs me.
- Winter - I know, I know, I know. I live in Maine. Why don't I value winter? I dislike the cold. I don't do any outside sports. I hate shoveling. Seriously, I need to find someplace that is fall-like all year round. Although, I doubt I'll get my family to move with me. Oh well!
Here are the 'official' rules: *Mention the blog that gave you the reward and comment on their blog to let them know that you have posted their award. You also have to list 6 things you value and 6 things you don't value. Lastly, you have to pass the award onto 6 other friends! *
So here are the six folks I'm passing this along to....
- Deb at Following the Narrow Path
- Steph at From Glory to Glory
- Sheri at The Carneal Chronicles
- Monica at Once Upon a Time...
- Sara at Embracing Destiny
- Suzanne at Just a Bunch of Nothin'
And I know I'm only suppose to only do six, but I'm breaking this rule slightly because I want to give it out to Linda at MacDonald Clan too.