Okay, so I'm always up for a challenge. It's going to be my downfall some day I'm sure. I'll be walking along minding my own business when some challenge is going to come along that I can't refuse and BAM! You know what I mean. This is a challenge I found while reading blogs this morning. It's being hosted HERE and you can click to read more about it.
My memory is shot. It truly is. I'm not making that up. I've had three children. I'm pushing 40. It's all just leaking away I swear. Here is the sad truth. Last year I joined our church's AWANA program as secretary. To do this I had to take a simple test. Okay. I passed that. Then I had to memorize six verses. Just six. One is even John 3:16 which I memorized when I was about 10 & it's still all there. So that made is five. I have yet to do it. I'm going on year two at AWANA. My children memorize oodles of verses through this program every year. I can't manage five. It's just sad.
So when I read about this I decided I could do this. I should do this. So I'm jumping in with both feet. ::splash!::
I will be working on all of the following:
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scripture.
- Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved - you and your household."
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were all sinners, Christ died for us.
And to make it more of a mega challenge for myself (like that isn't enough), I'm going to memorize the entire chapter of Romans 6 - all 23 verses.
I'll post back with my progress over the course of the month.