Monday, December 15, 2008

18th Birthday

The year was 1990 & I was blessed with not one, not two, but three nieces that year. Thanks everyone. It makes it so easy to keep track of their ages! One was born in April, one was born in June, & the last was born in December.

Today, the 15th, was a very busy day for me. I left my home at 10am & never got home until 8:30pm that night. I started out by heading to my hubby's grandmother's house where I cleaned. I do this every week & try to do it on the weekend. But I didn't have any babies today & I knew it would be a busy weekend with getting the new truck, getting a tree & doing all the decorating, that I decided to do it this morning instead.

I had to run home after this as I had forgotten to grab my insulin. Going all day without that isn't a good idea.

From there we headed over to Kingfield where we had a homeschooling meeting. We passed out a couple newsletters as we had cancelled a previous meeting. I had made up Christmas craft kits for the kids that had a container of homemade play dough scented like gingerbread, some red & white pipe cleaners to make candy canes with, a few coffee filters to cut in to snowflakes, and lastly some coloring pages and puzzle pages.

After that I went over to my Mom's. I should say that all this running around wasn't to locations close to each other. Hubby's grandmother lives 10-15 minutes away from our house & that was the closest location. The meeting in Kingfield is a half hour in the opposite direction. Finally, my mom is at least an hour from my house so it took me about 1-1/2 hours to get to her house from the meeting - a bit longer actually as I had to stop a couple of times.

When we finally arrived at my parents, dinner was being served & a birthday party was on for my niece.
She received some really nice gifts and tolerated my camera very well. ;-)

Modeling one of her new hats.


She is doing a CNA program at the local tech high school this year so she received some nice scrubs and a "nurses bag." I think she liked them.
She loves this pink & brown John Deere blanket.
Her mom & mom's boyfriend gave her this really nice snowmobile jacket. This was her big gift and she loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?