Monday, September 26, 2011

{Challenge} Week #1 Update


Week one for me was off to a slow start so I'll just get to the check-in part.


My statement

I will work on building good healthy habits - ones that will benefit my overall physical health, spiritual health and mental health. By working towards those goals, I will be giving myself the gift of life. I will live out 1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."  

My 7 Action Points:
  1. I will begin each day with a quiet time/Bible study. I at least did better than typical which is no quiet time/Bible time, but not by much. I only managed twice this week. Obviously I need to keep working on this one.
  2. I will continue to attend Zumba at least three times a week. I did attend three Zumba classes. I still really enjoy the class. I'm honestly  not sure why as some nights I really have to push myself to attend. I'm probably the largest girl there and while I don't feel like it's been changing my body, I do get comments from friends who do not see me daily that they see a difference. I like that it is fun and it is dance and I burn a ton of calories doing it (average 800-900). This is what keeps me going back. That and I like the end goal as well - a healthy me!
  3. I will be in bed sleeping no later than 11pm each night. Complete and utter fail every night. While most nights I managed to be in bed by midnight and one night I even managed 11:30, I'm still staying up far too late which undermines my goals for the next day. This needs to start happening more often.
  4. I will be done with all computer work no later than 8pm each night. Another utter fail. However, my hubby got caught up on my blog reading today and commented about it to me. I think this will start happening more often. 
  5. I will daily log my calories, exercise, water intake, and weekly weight progress on the My Fitness Pal website. I only  missed one day of not logging. The days I exercise, I'm much  more motivated to make sure I log in. I like earning calories through my exercise!
  6. I will post weekly updates throughout the course of the challenge. First one - done!
  7. I will increase my water intake so that by the end of the challenge that will be my drink of choice above anything else. I'm still working on this. I tend to drink water when I'm exercising so the days I do Zumba I easily consume 4-6 cups - depending on the class. It's the other times of the day that I struggle with this. Obviously still a work in progress.

Accountability is the key to succeeding - at least in my opinion. By putting this out on my blog, I've made myself accountable to all who read it. I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.


6 comments:

  1. Water is a problem for me, too. I just don't like it. I've started leaving a cup by the kitchen sink and every time I walk into the kitchen I fill it and drink it. That works pretty well for me.

    Good job on the Zumba classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up! I've never gotten around to blogging about my journey this year, but I'm SO CLOSE to my goal. I'm down 60 pounds since January and have less than 20 left to go. I hope to hit goal well before Thanksgiving so I'm in maintenance phase before the holidays :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. With water, I find that drinking an extra large glass right away in the morning gets me off to a great start. I had to learn to drink it and fit it in to my day. We all have lower motivation days with exercise. For me, my mantra is: just do it!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say HI, first time reading your blog...I got an email from Beth about the museum on Thursday and I saw at the bottom of your email to her it gave your blog address...I LOVE BLOGS! :)
    ( Beth and I used to both go to Church together at Church Hill Baptist, now my husband and I are helping our brother and sister-in-law start a church in Unity...So I miss seeing Beth all the time, especial her and Bruce at Homeschool group!)Well, just wanted to say HEY and I will be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did very well! I find the same thing with exercise that you mentioned about your Zumba class. I enjoy my workouts, even when they are insanely tough... but it is such a STRUGGLE to get started on them some days. I just don't understand it! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are off to a good start! GREAT going with Zumba. I can't seem to get my body to make the moves fast enough! Grin

    I planned to do this challenge with you but havent found the time to sit and blog it. I am cheating as my meds were adjusted and I have the flu so am losing well this week. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?