Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sing a Song

my favorite photo of us taken during our wedding dance


As part of the anniversary celebration over at SmallWorld, I'm also going to take a moment to talk about the songs at my wedding. And to confess....I barely remember them.

I find that so sad since music is such a large part of who I am. I love music. I love to sing. I love to play. In fact, in high school I played three instruments & also sang in the choir. I even participated in the school musicals (so not like High School Musical btw) for three years.

Here is what I do remember. My piano teacher played her guitar and sang. But unless I pull out the video, I have no idea what she sang. My hubby's friend & his girlfriend (not my hubby's - his friend's) sang a Steve Green song about family. It was also sung at my younger sister's wedding eight months earlier. This caused lots of tears to be shed by my family since that wedding had since broken up but that's another long story that probably won't be shared here.

Of course, shortly after that song was sung, my hubby & I exchanged vows & he had a little slip of the tongue. He said (sorry, babe, you knew this would have to go up here at some point right?) "And thereto I pledge thee my face." He should have said "faith." One friend commented - on video - that now that I have his face when do I get the rest of him. ::grin::

I do remember the song we danced to though. I know, this is going to sound really silly, but we loved Disney movies then & Aladdin had just been out. We danced to "A Whole New World." If you want to remember the words, you can click here.

Of course, if I had to do it all over again (which I would like to do in a few years for our 20th), I would SO do something like this....





5 comments:

  1. I'll bet the Steve Green song was "Household of Faith".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And thereto I pledge thee my face."
    That is SO hilarious!! I have to admit that, during the part of my vow when I was supposed to say "be faithful to you always," I began giggling and couldn't say it because my husband had snot running down his nose...
    Thanks for playing both prompts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! That's funny about the vows. I make a little goof on mine too - I laughed at "for richer or poor". I was nervous(blush).

    Congrats on 16 years! We just hit 16 as well. :) Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would SO love to do a dance like that...that was awesome! We danced to Anne Murray, "Can I have this dance, for the rest of my life..." Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?