Monday, August 10, 2009

The Alpha Meme

Simply because I am a world-class procrastinator of the first order (trust me - it exists), I am going to take some time to post something here on the blog that has absolutely nothing to do with school plans or any type of review. Imagine! ;-)

I stumbled on this today over at Reviews & Reflections this afternoon. Heidi is the lovely lady in charge of the TOS Homeschool Crew I belong to this year. Here's my take on it - enjoy & maybe you'll find out something new about me.


My roommate and I once: went to the local Irving store that had a restaurant to get French Fries around midnight. She had a craving. I drove. (I'll mention no names, but I think you remember this!)

Never in my life have I: jumped out of an airplane or bungee jumped & I don't plan on starting any of that now!

High school was: hard. No academically but emotionally. I have no desire to revisit that at all.

When I’m nervous: I get sick to my stomach.

My hair: is way too short right now...way...too...short!!! I went in for a "trim" & came out with a "cut!!" I haven't had it this short since I was about 14.

When I was 5: I had my tonsils out. I was the first OR patient at the new hospital in town.

When I turn my head left: I see the couch with the cushions all jumbled up, B's Nintendo DS on it, the TV remote ready to fall under a cushion, and a train book left there by N.

I should be: getting off the PC and doing something productive.

By this time next year: Really? I have to think a year ahead?? Let's see, we'll all be a year older. ::gasp:: That means I'll be that much closer to 40. I'll have an almost 14 year old (aaahhh!!), 9 year old & a 6 year old.

I have a hard time understanding: pretty much anything lately. I need to work on getting more sleep.

You know I like you if: I call you, e-mail me, want to hang out with you...um...not really sure actually! I don't think it's that hard to be my friend. I'm usually pretty open to friendships.

My ideal breakfast is: plain & boring. LOL I'm not a huge breakfast person at all. I typically eat 6-8 peanut butter crackers and a glass of milk. And if you've known me for any length of time, yeah, still the same.

If you visit my home town: you'd blink & go "where is it?"

If you spend the night at my house:
you'll have to sleep on the pull out sofa in the living room & I really hope you are an early bird since my boys sometimes get up at the crack of dawn - literally.

The animal I would like to see flying besides birds:
a whale - just cause it would be really funny.

Last night I: I took some photos of a brand new baby girl. I'll see about sharing some of them soon.

A better name for me would be:
I like unusual names. I used to kid my mom that she gave me the two most common names in the US from the early '70s. Oh well, it's grown on me. I do know I was suppose to be named Jamie - kind of like that one.

I’ve been told I look like:
Drew Barrymore - weird I know.

If I could have any car, it would be:
Hmmmm....car huh??? I used to love Lamborghini's but not very practical for the back dirt roads I now live on. I've always loved Jeeps too.

If you decide to play along, leave a comment and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for playing along. I enjoyed reading a bit more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a cute meme. I'll play! I'll post soon.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?