Monday, October 12, 2009

My Daybook



FOR TODAY (October 12, 2009 - Happy Columbus Day!)

Outside my window...partly sunny today but I'll take it. It's a crisp, cool, and windy fall day. The best kind there is really.


I am thinking...that I am really not ready for the snow to fly & "they" are forcasting just that for tomorrow. Summer went by so fast and now fall seems to be over early as well. I think it's going to be a very long winter this year.


I am thankful for...a warm house to live in, healthy boys, and a loving husband.


From the learning rooms...we'll be starting "workboxes" for part of our school day tomorrow. Joining the craze....oh & because I'm reviewing the original author's book for the TOS Homeschool Crew.


From the kitchen...nothing but I should be making bread. So yummy.


I am wearing...warm socks my MIL knitted for me, crocs, comfy jeans, a layering tank, and the T-shirt hubby picked out for me this summer. My cardigan goes on & off as I get chilly.


I am creating...lots of posters and scheduling forms and workbox ideas.


I am going...to head outside soon to work on the chicken coop. Wiring together the two halves that make up the fence. It should have been done a few weeks ago but...


I am reading...more books for the "blogging for books" program (see my sidebar). I'm reading new authors and that's usually fun.


I am hoping...that our new schedule works! Our trial was today but tomorrow our "babies" are back so we'll see how it all works out then.


I am hearing...boys playing. My "no-TV" rule after lunch is working very well.


Around the house...lots of decluttering still to do. Contemplating a used book sale in February to help break up the winter blues and to help me make a bit of money off all these books I have. I'm really starting to rethink how many I keep on hand since we have a fantastic library system.


One of my favorite things...cool nights to sleep in, crisp days with no bugs, I really love fall.


A few plans for the rest of the week: blogging deadlines, soccer practice, AWANA, homeschool photography class - actually a pretty quiet week for a change.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...we combined our two little flocks last night. It went very well thankfully. They are both keeping to themselves but at least the bigger ones aren't attacking the smaller ones. We did have to catch all the little ones last night & stuff them inside. They like to roost outside. That was fun to watch hubby do. ;-)






Click HERE to read more Simply Woman Daybook enteries.


2 comments:

  1. I am participating in the Daybook today for the 1st time. It was fun to read your list. I understand about the need to declutter. It seems that job is never done at my house.

    My First Simple Woman’s Daybook Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been using the workboxes as well, but mostly as a place to store things and make sure we get to everything - much easier with it all in one place now.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?