Monday, November 9, 2009

My Daybook


Click HERE to read more entries in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

FOR TODAY
(
November 9, 2009)...

Outside my window...
overcast and cloudy - a bit chilly - a typical fall day in Maine.

I am thinking...
I need to get busy on getting rid of stuff. But hubby will be heading to deer camp soon - I'll use that time for sprucing up the place I think.

I am thankful for...
N8 feeling so much better. He had his tonsils & adenoids removed last Wednesday. Yesterday he finally wanted food & it helped immensely in how he felt and acted. Praising God that my little boy is recovering well.

From the learning rooms...
the boys have had the last few days off due to N8's surgery. No school Wed-Fri last week & I will most likely give them at least Mon-Wed off this week. I may start some Thanksgiving read-alouds before then. After all, N8 can recover while listening. ;-)

From the kitchen...
nothing much right now. I think I'll be doing BBQ chicken drumsticks for dinner tonight will a veggie and biscuits most likely perhaps even a salad. I'm also planning to make some sort of muffin (banana or pumpkin) to send with hubby to hunting camp. They make good snacks while stalking deer (or napping against a tree too.....)

I am wearing...
comfy clothes. It's been a long week. Old, old faded blue jeans, no socks, t-shirt, and a "do-rag." Not going anywhere today & no one to impress either.

I am creating...
trying to figure out what to create for Christmas gifts. I have some ideas floating around. I need to finish up making the Christmas budget (thankful for the Christmas Club money) first though. I also need to edit the photos from my baby sister's wedding. So many to go through....

I am going...
to be home a lot between N8's recovery and hubby taking the truck to camp. Need to be content in all things but sometimes it's hard. I fear cabin fever setting in sooner rather than later.

I am reading...
The Hobbit. It's been years & I forgot how fun it was. I love how J.R.R. Tolkien wrote like he was talking directly to me as the reader - I love the narrative style.

I am hoping...
N8 continues to feel better each and every day and does not have the setback the doctor warned us happens 50% of the time. So far so good.

I am hearing...
the dryer tumbling and pages turning. Mr. H is napping in the living room so quiet time is in full force around here.

Around the house...
winterizing, decluttering, sprucing up, chucking stuff....good times.

One of my favorite things...
Christmas! I'm getting excited for the holiday. Although, right now I'm working on Thanksgiving things first and foremost. Advent starts on the 29th this year so not much time after Thanksgiving ends to begin celebrating Jesus' birth.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
not a whole lot of anything. N8 is still too weak for me to be hauling him very far. I'll probably make a run to the recycling center tomorrow (i.e. dump or "transfer station") and the thrift store to get rid of things piling up around here. We're going to attempt AWANA on Thursday night & Bible study on Friday night - depending on how N8 is feeling. He may just sit close and keep me company while I do my secretary thing at AWANA. Saturday I'm suppose to be doing a family photo shoot. I'm having fun with photos once more.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


This weekend hubby took B13 & J5 to New Hampshire to do two things. The first was to meet the above author, Brandon Sanderson. There is a rather long story about who he is and why my hubby wanted to do this, but here is the cliff notes version...

Hubby started really reading when he was in high school after a friend passed him a book called Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. This is a very long series. Book 12 was just released. Unfortunately Robert Jordan passed away a few years ago having never finished the series. Brandon Sanderson has been hired to do just that. Robert Jordan did a book signing about four years ago & hubby was unable to attend as it was when his grandmother was seriously ill (she actually died the day he was to go to the signing). Once he heard that Brandon Sanderson was the new writer of the series, he began reading some of his books and liking what he was reading. Brandon has also written a series of young adult books called Alcratraz and the Evil Librarians. B13 has heard the first book on audio and hubby bought him the next two books the series. Hubby came home with three signed books (Book 12 of the World of Time series plus the next two in the Mistborn series by Brandon. B13 even got his two books signed. B13 thought this all very cool, but he did comment on how long they had to wait. The signing started at 2pm. They arrived around 3pm (hubby, the boys, a friend & his kids) and were handed numbers (#93 & #94 I think). It wasn't until 5:30pm that they finally had their chance to get their books signed and spend a few minutes chatting with Brandon. Hubby was the next to last person in line. He was pretty happy about the whole too. Brandon was nice enough to even give hubby writing tips. A fun day and one I'm sure B13 will always remember.

2 comments:

  1. Andy would be so jealous! He wants the book for Christmas. Been reading his books since he was a teenager! Nice photo op!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandson got a doe this morning. Deercamp is nice for men to gather. Christmas is fast approaching. It's so full of joy and praise. I also look forward to it. Have a great Sunday. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?