Want to read more? Click over to Linda's blog at 2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. How good are you at delaying gratification? Um....well....do you mean to say that instant gratification is a bad thing? I am so bad at this. It's really hard at times. I'm not the most patient of people.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting? Chocolate. Milk chocolate to be precise. And even more specific - milk chocolate with either caramel or peanut butter. It's a really good thing I have none of that in my house right now or I would so be binging.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you? Probably negative 10 - at least. Did I not just say in #1 that I'm not good with this patient thing? Really not good.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.? Of course, hasn't everybody?
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts? Absolutely. Not patient remember?
6. Which line is hardest to wait in? The slowest one of course - which is the one I always end up standing in - always.
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth? The first two I actually did. I know. It's amazing. However, I was totally convinced son #2 was going to be daughter #1 that hubby made me find out with baby #3 (which turned out to be son #3). I'm thrilled with my boys but I was so convinced I was going to have a daughter along the lines somewhere.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly? Not sure really. Probably the elderly - maybe. But again - the whole patient thing is hard.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present? Nope. Go figure.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything? Nine months - for each child.
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other? Totally hubby. He is far more patient than I - usually.
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
I love songs C & D but when I think of waiting...this is the song I think of these days.