Thursday, February 4, 2010

Random Dozen - 2/4


Join in the fun over at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
Yup. Totally use them.

2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
I love the sky at all times of the day. I'm very much a night owl and I love checking out stars, but since I have trouble finding the milky way - I love the day time sky more. I love the different cloud shapes and the different colors. I find it all totally amazing.

3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please) New food? Um, I don't really do new food. Just ask hubby. Although, at one of his office Christmas parties they had heart of palms so I tried one. I was trying to be healthy in my eating and everyone was raving over them. Oh.my.gosh. Nasty things! Blah!

4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
Um.....no......


5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
French and/or Spanish. I live in Maine. I live three hours from Canada. I live on a major route from Quebec Province. That should explain the French. I took four years in high school but I'm far - FAR - from fluent - really far. Spanish - simply because it's growing fast and THAT'S the language the boys want to learn. Go figure.


6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
Rejoice with me. I'm singing with Jesus. I'll see you soon. ~Mom


7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.  "Drew" - long story.....okay short version...nope. Changed my mind. Any guesses?

8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
Oh my yes - unfortunately. Sometimes I am so caught up I'm yelling at the TV. 


9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about? 

Totally depends on where I am. If I'm home, I can go loud. If need be, I hold it in and risk popping a capillary or something. And sometimes it's in the middle. But you should hear hubby....WOW!

10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
The real thing. I buy them occasionally - always the Sunday one - need those coupons. I like the funnies. They just aren't the same on-line.

11. Are you a good speller?
Yup - I love words. Sometimes I have to write them down first, but 99.98% of the time, I get it write, um, right!

12. At what time each day do you start thinking about Lost lunch?

"Lost", well, lost it's appeal to me after the second season. Just too weird and too hard to follow. For moi of course (see - there's a bit of French right there). Lunch though - THAT I start thinking about at around 7:31am and I don't get UP until 7:30am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?