Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Review: All About Spelling Beehive Reader

Photobucket

As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew I was given a copy of All About Spelling's Beehive Reader 1 ($19.95) to check out. Earlier this year we were given Level One of the All About Spelling program to check out. The Beehive Reader fits in with that program.

This was a high quality hardcover book with 10 short stories inside (160 pages). The illustrations inside were whimsical and well done. Since I don't have an emerging reader at the moment, I used the book in a slightly different manner.



Photobucket

I sat and read the stories to J6. Before beginning, I would pick a letter or let him pick one. For instance, the letter might be 'a.' Then as I read the story to him, he would need to point out all of the occurrences of that particular letter on each page. This helped him quite a bit in recognizing letters within words.

Overall this is an adorable book. To see samples of the book, click over to "Look Inside This Book." If one is using All About Spelling, then this is a nice supplement to use since it fits with the word lists that are taught.

Be sure to click back to the TOS Homeschool Crew blog to read more reviews (65 and counting!).



*Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?