Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review: Homeschool in the Woods


It's been a bit freaky lately for me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew. Time and time again I've been given products to try out that I've been eying for our homeschool. And it's happened once again - kind of.


Homeschool in the Woods is the brainchild of Amy Pak. Amy has created many different and wonderful resources for homeschoolers including her timeline figures that many use as well as the newest unit study lapbooks (which is what I've been eying). Crew members were recently given her newest brainchild - Old World Style Maps both for the United States and the World.

If you have the Record of Time timeline notebook, these maps would be familiar. Amy created this new product after many customers had asked specifically for the maps used in the timeline notebook.

I have to say that my mouth literally dropped open after I downloaded the maps we were given. Not only did we get a slew of maps but also a ton of notebooking pages! In fact, here is what I was given:

  • 130 World Maps
  • 40 bonus notebooking pages for world study (my absolute favorite is the "Fact" page for each country)
  • 180 United States maps
  • 50+ bonus notebooking pages for a state study

   

The black and white illustrations are wonderfully done. I was just so impressed by this product. It is so open-ended and can be used for so many wonderful studies. I'm looking forward to using them in a state study in the next year or so.

The maps are available either as a download ($18.95 each) or you can purchase a CD ($19.95 each). If you are interested in both, there is also a Combo-Pak available. The digital download is $28.95 and the CD is $29.95. Click here to go to the ordering page at Homeschool in the Woods.

Be sure to head over to the TOS Homeschool Crew blog to see what other Crew members had to say about the Olde World Style maps.



*Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

1 comment:

  1. The maps sound great. We've long enjoyed her timeline figures!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?