Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random Dozen - 4/21


Head over to 2nd Cup of Coffee to join the random fun!

1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"  HAHAHAHA!!! Oh my yes! In fact, I absolutely REFUSE to use one of the "local" libraries to me that offers free membership to my town. I call them the "nazi librarians." I finally had enough and no longer go. We do go to the teeny-tiny library in the next town over - membership costs a whopping ten cents. Yup, ten cents. Although, they are only open two afternoons a week for a total of six hours a week. Since we are a homeschooling family, I do use our states's "Books-By-Mail"  program which gets me books from any library in the state that uses a certain on-line card catalog. They request and ship the books to me for free. Then I either pay to send them back (they used to do this free too until state budget cuts) or I give them to my sister to return for me. Her hubby works in the same town as the state library.

2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts? Both. I have a large box in my younger boys room with gift package in there. Most of it is Christmas related though so I do find myself buying birthday stuff as needed.

3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster? Indirectly. The town I grew up in flooded in April of 1987. I was in a play at high school and my dad picked me up after practice one night. We went to check on the rising water. He brought me home and went back to help move some residents at a retirement home. He was out all night. The water came way up and we had roofs and houses left in the street. One of the local mills had some oil spill in to the water so you could see the high water mark. We couldn't get in to town for at least 3-4 days. We were never in danger of being flooded since we lived so far from town. We did end up putting that play on for free though - to help boost spirits.



4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? Can't Smile Without You - I remember singing this - badly - when I was little.

5. What's the best costume you've ever worn? I can't remember. 

6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? The dictionary but it's a pretty close tie on both.

7. What's your favorite breakfast food? Blah...I dislike eating breakfast. Favorite though...probably peanut butter crackers. Although, I just found the new Bagel Thins and those are good too.

8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial? Nope but I've been tempted a time or two.

9. Have you ever crawled through a window? Yup. It's amazing what one needs to do when one locks themselves out of their apartment - frequently.....not anymore though!

10. Do you believe in love at first sight? Absolutely. I'll be celebrating 17 years of that this July. Seriously. I fell in love with hubby literally the first time I saw him. I love that man.

11. How many pairs of jeans do you own? A lot. At least six, but I'm too lazy to go count.

12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.") Oh wow...hmmmm...a book most likely. Or a scrapbook - that would be even better. Or perhaps my blog home page?



1 comment:

  1. Lisa-Anne, love your blog and am now following you! I found you by way of the Random Dozen!

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?