Friday, April 2, 2010

Review: Critical Thinking Co.

Photobucket

The Critical Thinking Co. is actually a company I've heard of before and have even used some of their products previously. Recently I was given a copy of their new Balance Benders ($9.99) book to try out as part of the TOS Homeschool Crew.

Photobucket

Balance Benders Beginning is a geared towards students in grades 2-6 (there are three more levels so that this series actually covers up to grade 12+) and  intended to help teach logical thinking. Think Sudoku type puzzles. Click here to see a sample page from the book.

The only problem I had...I had no clue how to solve the problems and thus, I was no help whatsoever helping my boys figure them out either. Even the answer key didn't help me. Obviously, we need help in this area!

Overall I like Critical Thinking. I think they sell quality products and they fit especially well if your child likes workbooks. We've used many of their products in the past (Building Thinking Skills, Editor in Chief, and many, many of their computer games - we really enjoy Word Roots). They do a good job taking a hard subject to teach (critical thinking in particular) and making it easier.

Be sure to check out what other Crew members had to say over at the TOS Homeschool Crew blog. Some Crew members reviewed Critical Thinking's Language Smarts C book.



*Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?