Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Daybook


Link up here for the month of July.

FOR TODAY...Tuesday, July 20th, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is deciding on whether to come out or not. It's been overcast and humid for most of the day.

I am thinking...it's been a vastly different summer than last year. Last year it was rainy and wet from about mid-April until the start of July. Yuck! This year it has been hot, hot, and more hot! I'm not sure which I like better - I think somewhere in the middle would be best.

I am thankful for...my hubby who works so very hard to take care of his family.

From the learning rooms...we are taking things slow for the next few weeks in order to officially finish our days needed for the 2009-2010 school year. I only have about 18 left. Then we'll take a few weeks off and start all over again.

From the kitchen...not much. Did I mention how hot it's been? We've been cooking a lot on the grill.

I am wearing...no shoes, capri's, cami, and t-shirt with a bandanna in my hair.

I am creating...photos. I just got a new digital SLR camera on Saturday for my anniversary. I'm having a blast taking photos.

I am going...to enjoy the summer as much as possible. It's flying by far too fast. It's hard to image the days when I was a child and it felt like it lasted forever.

I am reading...my Bible. I'm participating in the Bible in 90 Days challenge again. I'm also reading one my  favorite books, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I just noticed the newest book in the series is out so I'm reading them over again. Love them.

I am hoping...to make it through the next two weeks with no sick kids. We have a really busy schedule with swim lessons every afternoon this week and next and next week we also have VBS which is in the evening. My boys do not do well if they don't get enough sleep and my middle one (N9) is always up early  (as in 6amish) no matter what time he goes to bed. It will be interesting to say the least.

I am hearing...the air conditioner running and some music quietly playing from the laptop in the kitchen. It's nap time/quiet time so all the boys are doing just that (well, quiet time for them). Mr. H is awake - I think - but Miss H is still sleeping so I'm trying to wait until Mr. H kicks up a big fuss before getting everyone up.

Around the house...working on decluttering things a little at a time. I really need to tackle bedrooms and hallways and closets and big areas, but that will have to wait until next week.

One of my favorite things...curling up with a good book and reading for hours.

A few plans for the rest of the week:swim lessons, photos for a 1-year-old (fun!), taking B13 to Teen Week (a teen version of VBS), and enjoying a family birthday party on Saturday for my hubby's grandmother. She's turning 90 today actually. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Miss H comes to the swim lessons with us but just plays on the beach and in the water at the edge. She got a bit chilly near the end of it today so hung out in her towel and chair waiting for the boys to finish up. She insisted she wasn't tired and it wasn't nap time but fell asleep within five minutes of laying down on the couch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?