Monday, August 2, 2010

Daily Bread

For the last couple of years there has been a rather large “Artisan Bread Fair” and “Kneading Conference” in nearby town. My MIL really wanted to go check out the Fair on Saturday so off we went.
Can I just say “YUM!”
blogbAlthough, I wasn’t all that thrilled about the bread being out in the open. I’m not usually squeamish about such things but I did see a few flies buzzing around. Um, ugh?

blogb2Blueberry bread. Oh my!

There were a number of different vendors. A lot were selling bread and other yummies. Some were selling things that went with bread (mixing bowls, grain mills, etc).

I didn’t snap a photo but the best thing I saw was the lady who took old grain bags and dog food bags and the like and turned them in to totes. She about died when I told her I burned my grain bags! I should really learn how to sew. I saw a number of these walking out of the fair over other folks arms.

It was a lot of fun and now I’m trying to talk my MIL in to planting our own grain, growing our own wheat, and then making our own flour. A lot of work but that would be really amazing. She tells me she needs to retire first. I’ll wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?