Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Random Dozen - 8/18


It's back! Head over to 2nd Cup of Coffee to join in the fun.

1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food? Probably dough boys. My mom used to make these as treats for us while growing up. We called them "spider cakes" though (frying pans used to be called spiders). They were so YUMMY! We're heading to the fair tomorrow and I plan to get one of these or a pretzel. Not sure yet which I'll end up eating.

2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yup. And we'll just let it go at that.

3. What is your favorite gift to receive? Time. And surprises. Love surprise gifts.

4. When was the last time you tried something new? Hmmmmmm....considering how much I have to think about this question, it's most likely been awhile.

5. What is your favorite and least favorite book genre? Favorite: Memoir, Mystery/Suspense, Political Intrigue, Romance, Humor, Historical Fiction, Historical nonfiction, Chick Lit, Self-Help, Other
Least Favorite: Horror as in I don't read it.


6. Silver or Gold? Silver - love silver. I was just reading in the Old Testament about how in King Solomon's day there was so much gold that silver had no value whatsoever. Amazing.


7. What makes you sigh? In exasperation? My kids. A good kiss (not from my kids!) has also been known to make me sigh. ;-)

8. If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you claim you are? 27ish

9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one? Absolutely. 

10. If you had to teach something, what would it be? I teach my kids every day. If I had to pick one favorite subject....probably history. 

11. You're having lunch with 3 people whom you respect and admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do? I typically do something like, "Um, well, you know she's not all that bad. We're friends." And defend as I can.

12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love? I had to take the test. My first was Quality Time and my second was Words of Affirmation. It's tough since my hubby's is physical touch. That was my last one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?