Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hot 100 - Update #5


It's time for another Hot 100 Update. I almost skipped this week, but I knew I had to fess up. I had a pretty good start to my week but then things went downhill.

My goals from last week:
  • Continue working on the DMD issue. No DMD with breakfast and no more than three in a day. I started the week well and stuck to this goal. By the end of the week I was again downing DMD's with breakfast and throughout the day. Obviously this is an ongoing issue. I have some local friends who are holding me accountable and I plan to share a "quit date" with them and go cold turkey. I'm stocking up on Execdrin Migraine first though.


  • Bedtime by 11pm every single night. Again - I started strong but I had three nights this week when I was up well past 11pm - including tonight. I will continue working on this as well.


  • Exercise 20-30 minutes 3-4 days a week. Logging 10 miles of "exercise" this week. Nope - didn't meet this one either. I was three miles short of my 10 miles logged this week. 


  • Eating a salad for lunch 4-5 days out of the week. Zero days.


  • Increase my water intake. Goal of 16 ozs. a day. Considering I rarely drink ANY, this will be a good start. While I did have more days of drinking water than normal, I did not do this every day.





  • Now I'm sure you can all see why I considered not posting anything. However, I'm vowing to change and I'm putting it right out here for all to see. So I'm posting - even when it's not been a great week. Oh & I even gained two pounds this week. 


    Discouraged? Absolutely. But quite honestly, I have no reason to be discouraged. I have no excuses. I'm just not getting my head and heart in line. My head knows all of this, but I still do it. I'm getting there though. By not quitting I'm already changing things.


    My goals for this week - they should look familiar: 


  • Continue working on the DMD issue. No DMD with breakfast and no more than three in a day.


  • Bedtime by 11pm every single night.


  • Exercise 20-30 minutes 3-4 days a week. Logging 10 miles of "exercise" this week.


  • Eating a salad for lunch 4-5 days out of the week.


  • Increase my water intake. Goal of 16 ozs. a day. Considering I rarely drink ANY, this will be a good start.



  • Here's to a great day!



    PS: I've been messing with the spacing now for far too long. It keeps going wonky on me and I'm tired of switching back and forth and messing with the html so I apologize for all that white space.

    4 comments:

    1. Hey you walked 7 miles!! Totally AWESOME!!! Something to be proud of! High FIVE!!!!! :)

      You can do this! Yes you can!! :D

      ReplyDelete
    2. Discouragement is very powerful! Don't give it power! It's hard to get your heart into it and stay focused, I KNOW, but it's what we need to do!

      I homeschool my 3 too and it's hard but rewarding!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sometimes when we find we do good for a day or two, then fall off the wagon, we need to set shorter goals. What about a mid-week checkin?

      ReplyDelete
    4. Steve - a midweek check-in would be great. I won't be able to attend my weight loss class for two weeks due to conflicts in my schedule. I know I'm making progress, but sometimes I forget to see the small victories in view of the bigger picture.

      ReplyDelete

    Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?