This week has been much, much less hectic than last week. I even had three days pretty much at home. What a nice change! Of course, this is a post about my weight loss efforts.
I want to state this once more...I joined the Hot 100 Challenge not to drop serious weight even though I have serious weight to drop. I am not on this weight loss journey hoping for a quick fix. I know that won't work. I've tried it time and again. I have come to the point where no matter what I try, it's going to fail....unless I get my head to get together with my heart and work on this process together.
This week has been okay - not great - but I am seeing progress. On to this week's goals.
- Stay off the DMD! I had a total of three this week. Again, not bad if you look at the overall picture (six plus a day) but I know I need to stay off this - completely.
- Sleep! Get to sleep! Must be in bed by 11pm every night. I may not be asleep, but I must be in bed. Less chance of letting other things keep me up way past midnight. Um, considering I'm blogging this at 11:06pm I know I still need to work on this. However, over the last seven days I had four nights when I was in bed by 11pm.
- Exercise - need to get moving! I'm starting to get this back on track. I even pulled out the Wii Fit this week. However, I discovered my youngest son completely erased all of my saved settings. All the levels I had unlocked, all the time put in for the last year are gone. ::sigh:: So I started at square one. Annoyed but not discouraged. And let's just say I did get a perfect score on the Wii Fit Rhythm Parade Beginner Level thank-you-very-much!
The end of the Hot 100 is coming up fast. Today was the last day of my weight loss class until the new year as well. I did end the class weighing a tad less than where I started - but only a tad. It's helping a lot with the heart stuff though. We'll begin again on January 7th. Next week we'll be getting together at a local cafe for lunch to celebrate the end of the study.
I don't view all of these endings though, but rather chances to start fresh and continue on this journey.
This week's goals remain the same....
- Stay off the DMD! Drink water and tea only.
- Sleep! Get to sleep! Must be in bed by 11pm every night. I may not be asleep, but I must be in bed. Less chance of letting other things keep me up way past midnight.
- Exercise - need to get moving!
And I'm going to add one more - which may be the toughest one yet....
- No computer past 9pm - ouch.....