The end is fast approaching to the Hot 100 - just two more weeks. Where do I stand? Physically probably not much better than I was back in September when I started this whole thing. However, emotionally I am light years ahead. And frankly - that is what I needed to focus on. Without that the weight loss would continue to be a desire with nothing to back it up. I am now feeling like I can start this journey and for the first time succeed.
Goals for last week were:
- Stay off the DMD! Drink water and tea only. I still had 4 DMD's this week total. I've finally come to the realization that this is not something I should have even on occasion. Tonight I had my last one. No more.
- Sleep! Get to sleep! Must be in bed by 11pm every night. I may not be asleep, but I must be in bed. Less chance of letting other things keep me up way past midnight. I failed again at this. There are no more excuses. I will be heading to bed when my hubby does instead of staying up until all hours of the night. Not only am I cheating myself but my family as well.
- Exercise - need to get moving! No exercise this week.
For my last two weeks here are my goals:
- Stay off the DMD! Drink water and tea only with an occasional Fuze or Life Water.
- Sleep! Get to sleep! Head to bed when hubby does. (He has to be up by 5am for work so he typically is in bed before 10pm.)
- Exercise - three days this week - 30 mins. Plan to use my Biggest Loser Wii game plus my Biggest Loser DVD using that for weight training.
I am excited about the new year. This is my year. I may have mentioned before that I have a goal for the year 2012. I will have just turned 40 at the end of 2011. My goal in 2012 is to ride the Trek Across Maine as a physical challenge to myself. This is a 160 mile bike ride that starts in the mountains of Maine (Bethel) and ends on the coast (Belfast). It takes three day. This gives me 1-1/2 years to get in shape for this ride. It's not something I would attempt as I am now so this is my goal - my motivation. Since so many folks know about this goal, I'm being held accountable for it which is good. Otherwise I'd be tempted to blow it off.
Starting in January my weight loss class will again be meeting. I'm excited about that as well.
So here is to another great day!