Friday, February 11, 2011

Pin Money

Recently you may have seen some posts show up on my blog that had "This is a sponsored post" across the top. I began blogging for Social Spark just a few months ago and I couldn't be happier.  While I know that many top bloggers out there make a living by blogging, I am not one of them. Right now I don't want to be either. I am active enough taking care of my family and teaching my boys and volunteering and being a wife, and well, you get the picture.

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Social Spark makes it super easy though. Once your blog is verified and you have signed up with them, you then wait for your offers to come. I easily get 3-4 month at the moment. Each one comes with a "point value." That point value translates to money. Each point is worth one penny. The majority of my offers have been for 1500 points. Let's move that decimal point....that equals $15 for at least 200 words on whatever the offer is about. I've written one about Tom's of Maine, Boudreaux's Butt Paste, and a Dream Get Away to Branson, MO to name a few.

The only downfall I've seen so far is that it takes a month to be paid. You must have a PayPal account and you need to either given them a social security number or an employee identification number (you can apply online and I highly recommend going this route)  in order to withdraw your money. You also need to have at least 5000 (or $50) in order to withdraw.

I do not take all offers given to me. Some just don't fit with me or my blog, but so far I've been quite happy with the offers I have been given. I look at this as my "pin money" or "mad money" or "whatever" money. It won't show up in the budget and it will offer me some freedom in purchasing homeschool curriculum or whatever online. I love having money in my PayPal account as I consider it "free" - free for my use.

And to keep things clear....all links to Social Spark in this post will give me credit for a referral if you sign up. Social Spark is not just for bloggers either. If you have something you'd like advertised, you can sign up as well to have bloggers spread the word. We're pretty good at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?