Friday, June 17, 2011

5 Minute Friday: Home


This is my first time joining up. I'm stealing five minutes away from last minute baking I should be working on. 

This week's prompt: 

HOME

Ah....deep breath. Peace and comfort surround me. I love this place. While it's not perfect - not by a long shot - it's home. The place where I am most comfortable. Where I can let my hair down (literally and figuratively) and just be me. It's where we live and where we hang out. It's where we have fun. It's where we cry and where we laugh. It's where we can get angry and where we can forgive. It's where we can be our silliest. It's where I teach my boys how to be godly men and how to add and subtract and all other things that fall under the "educational" tab. It's where they learn every day - right around the kitchen table - from the moment they get up in the morning until they go to bed at night. It's the place we all want to be all the time. It's where we like to be - together. Home. One simply little word that can describe so very much. It's more than a dwelling. It's the feelings that come when you walk through the front door. It's more than anything that can be put in to words. Home. Simple but profound. Home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?