Thursday, June 23, 2011

Book Review: Nick of Time by Tim Downs


I don't really like coming in to a book series mid-way but sometimes it works and the book can stand on its own. Thankfully that's just what happened when I had the the opportunity to check out Nick of Time by Tim Downs.

This is the sixth book in the "Bugman" series. The main character, Nick Polchak - aka the Bugman - is about to tie the knot. His main focus is helping to solve crimes by examining bugs since he's a forensic entomologist. Just a mere four days before he's suppose to say "I do" he finds himself trying to figure out who killed one of his close friends. This leaves everyone wondering - most of all his fiancee - whether he's really for marriage or not.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I knew it was a keeper when I was laughing out loud only a few pages in to it. In fact, I plan to get the first few Bugman books and enjoy the development of the characters. While the main character, Nick, is fun to read about, I also found his fiancee, Alena, intriguing as well.

The plot twists and turns it way through the pages. I enjoy mysteries that continually keep you guessing and wondering "who did it." There is a surprising twist at the end of the book that I did not see coming and made it all the better.

I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good mystery. In fact, I have already lent it out to my mother-in-law to read.

You can purchase the book through Thomas Nelson or Amazon.

I review for BookSneeze®



Disclaimer: I am not paid for this book reviews. I was given a copy of the book through Book Sneeze to read in exchange for my review. Of course, this arrangement works well for me since I love to read! I was not required to post a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?