This week I want to set our minds on setting some goals for next year, whether personal, for the whole family, or for school.
I'm actually going to share three lists - some for the family, some for me, & some pertaining to school. This is something I've actually just started thinking about so some of these are ones I'm definitely planning to do & others are a work in progress.
- Enjoy the school day with the boys - don't worry about "getting done"
- Plan out the next semester & include vacation days
- Have fun - live what I teach other moms
- Challenge them more
- Develop a "life skills" list & begin teaching them these skills
For the Family
- More family meals - make this a priority at least twice a week
- Evaluate outside activities to be sure we aren't overextending - evaluate reasons/purposes
- Implement a weekly family game night
- Plan a family vacation
- Get at least eight hours of sleep every night
- Exercise 30-60 minutes a day at least five days a week
- Drink more water
- Eat better - healthier foods
- Implement a daily devotional time (goal: read through the Bible in a year - at least once)
- Spend more time listening to the boys & less time on the computer
- Reevaluate all my outside activities & let go those that no longer meet my needs or cause too much stress in our week
- Work on learning the guitar & relearning the piano
- Sing more
I'm very much looking forward to 2009. I don't always look forward to a new year. This year I am very much looking towards the beginning of 2009 & seeing all the wonderful possibilities it holds. I'm excited to see the changes come to our family. In 2009 I will have a teenager (B will turn 13 in August). I will be another year closer to turning 40. My "baby" will be turning five in a few short weeks. My middle son is heading towards becoming a "tween" super fast. We'll begin work on clearing land for our new home (which will hopefully be completed by 2012). Exciting times are ahead.
Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
This is my pray for 2009.