Wednesday, August 31, 2011

{TOS Crew} How to Have a H.E.A.R.T. For Your Kids


When one hears the word "Apologia" in homeschooling circles, it mainly brings up thoughts of science. Apologia is widely known as the "go to" spot for great creation based homeschool curriculum and rightly so.

However, over the last few years they have expanded their offerings and are now including some wonderful "resources for parents." This section typically includes wonderful books to help encourage homeschooling parent. 

Photobucket

Recently I was given the opportunity to check out the above book (How to Have a H.E.A.R.T. For Your Kids by Rachael Carman $13 hardcover) published by Apologia Press. I was not disappointed in any way in reading this book.

Rachael Carman is a wife and homeschooling mom of seven children. She did not begin her married life set on having a large family or homeschooling. In fact, she was dead-set against it. Then God started working in her life. This book shares the talk she developed a few years to address the "heart" of homeschooling. In fact, you can read the story behind the book by checking out the sample chapter online.

I found this to be a quick by convicting book to read. In the 204 pages (don't worry - this is not a traditional sized hardcover book but about half the size) I was continually convicted about my attitude as a homeschooling mother and where my focus needs to me. What I also loved was this was not simply a book about my relationship with my children. Mrs. Carman also addresses your marriage and how that affects the family dynamics. 

I highly, highly recommend this book to all parents - not simply homeschooling ones. I plan to hold on to this copy and read it over and over again.

Be sure to head over to the TOS Homeschool Crew blog to check out what other Crew members had to say about this book. 

Photobucket 



Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review.  All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

1 comment:

  1. Finally getting around to reading some of my fellow crew members reviews. Great review Lisa. I loved this book as well.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?