Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


1. Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed? No, not as of yet.  I used to worry about having to serve when my kids were younger and what would I do and all that.  Don't get me wrong.  I didn't loose sleep over it and I wouldn't have minded, but now that they are older and could easily stay home alone for the day, I would gladly serve. 

2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer. Depends on what it is. Putting stuff together? I can do that. Build something? I can swing a hammer. Fix a car? Nope, not happening.

3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable? Beets. I love beets. Funny story....I went to Head Start as a four year old and we were served lunch as part of the program. One day we had what I thought was cranberry sauce and I wanted some with whatever else we were eating. I thought it tasted "off" but ate it anyway (surprisingly enough). Turns out it was beets. I've eaten them ever since.

4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity? Good loud music that you can sing along to. Or a comedy show. Something to make you belly laugh.

5. Do you enjoy classical music? I never used to but I do now. I find it very soothing.

6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month? I'm between books right now - which isn't a favorite spot for me. I love to read. I do have a non-fiction book going right now but they take me forever to get through - even if they are good - and this one is so far. Not sure what I'll be picking up next.

7. What is your idea of 'cute'? Babies - human and animal.

8. Insert your own random thought here. My sheep flock has arrived. Two are not shy at all and push all the rest away for small handfuls of grain I've been giving them daily. I'm trying to socialize the ram and the other four ewes but these two won't let anyone else get at the grain. Little hogs. Overall it's going well. I need to finish up their fence so it's a bit more secure - my plan for the weekend. I can't wait for their fence to be done!

Photo taken by my 7 year old


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?