Thursday, November 10, 2011

{Gratitude Challenge} Day #10



Today I am thankful for my youngest son. He is brings such a fun vibe to our house. He's very goofy and loud. He's also very loving and cuddly. I continually ask him to "please, stop growing" and he will give me one of two answers. He'll either say, "Mom, I can't!" or "Mom, I'm trying, but I just keep growing!"


Tonight I realized he's almost as tall as my shoulder. He's only 7-1/2 years old! I'm always amazed that my baby is that old.  It seems like just yesterday he was born. He was a bouncing 10 lbs. 3 ozs. at birth (all natural!) but had some other issues. As a result he spent his first week of life in the NICU. He had a heart murmur, severe jaundice, and it took his blood sugars three days to stabilize after birth due to my diabetes. He was big compared to most babies but beside the other NICU babies he was a giant!


His laugh is infectious. He is such a giggler. Just the thought of being tickled turns him into a laughing puddle of mush. Which is why, of course, we tickle him whenever possible!


He is not afraid to try new things be it food or activity. That has turned out to be a good thing as we figured out this past April that he has a wheat intolerance so he now eats gluten-free. It's amazing how much better he felt once we made the switch. 

I'm so very thankful little J is here in our lives. I couldn't imagine things any differently.


All the photos were taken at the Common Ground Fair this past September. It's an old-fashioned agricultural fair. The kids were sliding on cardboard down a grassy hill. The loom photo shows J working on weaving at an interactive spot at the same Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?