Thursday, November 3, 2011

{Gratitude Challenge} Day #3



Today I am thankful that I can stay home with my boys. Ten years ago I was pregnant with my second son. I was working full-time outside the home. My oldest son spent his days in day care. I loved his day care provider but he wasn't with me. 

When I was six months pregnant my hubby and I discussed the sacrifices we'd need to make in order for me to come home full-time. The biggest - we would have to sell our home. I loved that house. It was huge - 4000 square feet, five bedrooms, five bathrooms - but only three of us living there. I still loved that house (and still do...). And we had just bought it. We had been living in it for about a year at that point. 

However, we made that choice and listed it. We signed papers to sell it on a Monday and our second son arrived in the world on the Friday of that same week. We had three months until closing (which marked 18 months in our home) to find a new place to live and I embraced my new life. 

It was during this time that I also decided to be a stay-at-home-homeschooling mom but I'll save that for another thankful post.

Today I am thankful I've been able to be a SAHM for the last ten years. I'm thankful that my boys are here with me - most days. After all they do get rather loud and smelly at times. They are boys. But I love that about them. And I love that I am able to be here with them fully each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?