Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Do you put Christmas decorations in every room of your house? If not every room, what rooms do you decorate? No. Some years are better than others. This year I won't even be putting up my Christmas village. I still need to get up my nativity set. We at least have our tree up. That's all I have for now though along with a sign outside that says "Merry Christmas." 

2. If you could visit one of the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) which one would you choose and why? Oh wow....I'm not sure. It would be a toss up between Iceland and Norway I think. The hot springs in Iceland are tempting to see. Norway - well, just cause. I never really thought about visiting any of these countries quite honestly so just not sure.

3. What does the word faith mean to you? Believing in the unseen. "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." Hebrews 11:1-3

4. You can go back to your childhood for one day...what day and age would you choose? Goodness! I actually have no clue. I'm sure if I thought long and hard, I could come up with something, but nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

5. When did you last have 'punch'? If it's not too much trouble share your favorite punch recipe. Thanksgiving. We call it "Grandma's Punch" as my mom's mother always served it. I don't have the exact measurements to hand, but it simply contains pineapple juice, cranberry juice, ginger ale and sugar. So yummy but I drink very little these days - too much sugar!

6. Do you fill stockings at your house? Are stockings opened before or after the bigger gifts? Yes, we do stockings. They are opened first and oohed & ahhed over. Then on to the regular gifts. My MIL also does stockings for EVERYONE so we all get two. When we go to their house Christmas afternoon everyone opens their stockings first and then presents later.

7. What takes your breath away? My children. Especially when they say something unexpectedly sweet.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I just downloaded my camera last night. I had photos on there from Thanksgiving! I am amazed that I took so few photos in November. Sad really. It also means I've been horribly neglecting my blog and not updating on just everyday life things. Hopefully I can find my groove again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?