Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?

Actually, no. Yard work is definitely not my favorite thing to do. Although, I still do it. Having a garden is just something we need to help supplement our food supply. I do have a small (rather neglected) flower garden. My least favorite springtime chore? Cleaning out the chicken coop from a half a year's mess. Although, it's not horrid. This year it will be a bit harder to manage though since the sheep are there as well.



2. What puts a spring in your step?

Good news. A piece of chocolate. Working out. A great book. A fantastic night of sleep (few and far between these days). A wink from my hubby.

3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?

We were having a 4H meeting at the local extension office. The older kids were off under some trees working on a project. All the younger ones (ages 8 and under) were with us around some tables painting some terracotta pots to make cute gingerbread people.

There are some walking trails nearby and a woman had come to walk her dogs. They were rather large and off-leash. They came tearing around the corner of the building barking as if they meant business. I was squatting down helping one of the younger kids (2 year old girl) when they came running at us. I stood up and stepped quickly in front of her ready to take on the dogs. They probably would have won and thankfully they listened to their owner and backed off, but needless to say it was a slightly scary moment.


4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?

Somewhere in the middle. I actually prefer most of my veggies raw. Although, broccoli is one I like better cooked. But I don't like mushy veggies. When I cook carrots, I go for "al dente" so they aren't mushy, still have a small snap to them, but are softer than raw. Yum!



5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?


Depends. Not all the time. After all, I only have so much space and the thought of all those little bottles cluttering it up annoys me. So if I haven't used it, I typically leave it behind.


6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?


Great question! And one I really don't have an answer to. Considering I'm sitting here listening to this song on YouTube (a favorite and you really should check out The Piano Guys - they are awesome!) I guess I'd have to say when I was in band in high school. I had a lot of fun and just enjoyed being challenged with the music and hanging out with friends.
7. Is cloning a sign of progress?



No. It just gives me the heebie-jeebies!


8. Insert your own random thought here.


A sign of spring.....



Baby lambs. Lots of them. I have five total. I'll be sharing the story of their arrivals in the next few days. I love all their different colors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?