1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen?
My photos. I'm currently working on scanning all of my parents slides. I'm over half-way done. I was afraid it would take me a lot longer to tackle those, but thankfully it's going fast. I'm planning to scan old photos after I'm done. I'm uploading them all to a private Shutterfly site so that family can see and order prints if they want. It's been a lot of fun seeing all the old photos.
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
I've only had two jobs that required a uniform - thankfully. One wasn't bad - khaki pants and a hunter green top. The other was...Micky D's...the fast food chain restaurant. I lasted a week. ::shudder:: It wasn't because of the uniform though!
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy ofBetty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time ever this year. I had both my sisters and their families coming as well as a good friend. I needed to cook for a couple different food allergies. My friend is all vegetarian so I wanted to be sure to have some sort of "main dish" for her. I decided to make a vegan, gluten-free mac & cheese. It was the last dish I was making - everyone was here - I was running around like a madwoman putting everything together and I ended up forgetting half of the ingredients that would make the dish actually taste like mac & cheese rather than cardboard. My friend was a dear and ate some anyway. My son, who is gluten-free, took one bite only. And to top it off I had planned to roast root veggies to serve as well. I had them too close to the bottom and they all burned - none could be saved. That meant I quickly grabbed some frozen veggies and had to cook those quickly to add to the spread. Oh & to top it off, I had bought a brand-new "oven roaster" so I could cook the turkey in that and free up the oven. The roaster could handle a twenty pound bird. Mine was 20.4 lbs. I didn't think the 0.4 would be a big deal. It was. The cover wouldn't fit on top so the bird had to go in the oven.
Overall everyone had plenty to eat and had a great time so it was a win in my book, but I'm hoping my sister offers to host next year!
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
I distance myself as much as possible.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I look most like my mom.....
As for our boys, the two oldest look like my hubby's side of the family and my youngest looks like my side. I like to say it took three tries to get a boy who looked like me.
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
No, I didn't celebrate. Although, that might have been a great thing to do!
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans),Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnival (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I think I'd most like to go to Quebec's Winter Festival. I actually don't live all that far away - it's within a short day's drive. I think any of the Winter/Ice Festivals would be neat to see with ice sculptures and the like.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is way past my bedtime so good-night! (I'm typing this all up on the forefront of Wednesday....)