Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ocean Time

After our stop at the elephant sanctuary we headed to a nearby park for lunch. The kids had a great time playing and running off some steam. We had some extra time so my boys & I headed to the ocean.


We only had about thirty minutes so we headed out on the breakwater. This is a really cool place. It's the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse. The breakwater is almost a mile long so we weren't able to walk all the way out. My boys haven't ever done that so we'll be back at some point so they can. I've been out to the lighthouse and it's a neat lighthouse. There weren't a lot of folks out here today so we pretty much had it to ourselves.

I wanted to spend some time on the sand as well so we only walked for a few minutes on the breakwater. We hit the beach and started looking for neat shells, rocks, and sea glass. We found quite the cache of sea glass and all the boys brought home some.


My silly guys......

On the breakwater

Along the path to the breakwater

Being silly

Next stop....Puffin Center.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?