Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 3 of Our Canadian Adventures

Our third day in Canada again found us on the road.


We started the morning in Quebec City and were heading to Toronto. We planned to stop in Montreal for lunch and stretch our legs a bit by exploring the city. It turned in to another 12+ hours on the road, but it really was a fun way to see more of the country.


I loved this little alleyway. It was full of art. I bought three pencil drawings of the city and plan to get them framed to hang somewhere as a remembrance of our Canadian adventures. 





Even though it was another very hot day, we opted to sit outside at a side walk cafe for lunch. It was another yummy meal. 

My hubby loves to take photos of food.

And I saw this more often than not across the table...


We only spent about an hour in Montreal. We needed to push on in order to get in to Toronto before midnight. The countryside we drove through was beautiful. Even though we spent a lot of time in the truck driving, it also gave us a lot of time to talk. Something that is at a high premium with three boys and a business to run. 

Thank goodness we bought a Garmin GPS to bring with us! We didn't use the data plan on our phones due to the high cost associated with international data use. I also kept a map going at all times so we could check to see where we were, how far we had to go, and what we might be able to see along the way. 





Toronto is up next - two full days! 

Day 1 and Day 2 have already been blogged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?