Since I last posted we have:
- Visited the Rangeley Logging Museum which was one of the best field trips we've taken
- Started a bi-monthly Spanish class
- Traveled to New York for my brother-in-law's wedding
- Did one of our bi-monthly art classes in Carabassett Valley - made masks
- Continued with our bi-monthly homeschool co-op
- Started a bi-monthly drawing/sketching class
- Started a new 4H club (we've had a demo and a meeting) about geocaching
- My youngest son took his first belt test in martial arts and passed
- He also participated in his first tournament - it was a huge learning experience for all of us
- I started back to taking Zumba 2-3 times a week. I'm really looking forward to the 2 hour session coming up Friday night.
- Attended a play based on Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
- Did an art class on pottery and another one making wire hanging sculptures plus glazing the pottery just made. I may or may not have chanted "Think Christmas" while the boys were making a gazillion more pieces of pottery.
- Spent a very long day in the southern part of our state and just across the border in New Hampshire doing two great field trips on history. We went to Strawberry Banke in Portsmouth, NH (fantastic!) and Old York Village in, well, York, ME. They are only 20 minutes apart. I highly recommend going.
- And lastly, I've been spending more of my free time this month participating in the National Novel Writing Month - yup - I'm writing a rough draft of a novel. I need 50,000 words by November 30th and I'm almost to 30,000.
I'm hoping December slows down just a bit. Then I can add photos and words here if I have any left after my book is done.