Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way? No. I always remember where I was and think about how much our world has changed since that day, but I don't mark it in any special way. 

 2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone? I listen to live radio often but typically only while driving in my car. I still own a VCR and video tapes, but mostly of the homemade variety (school plays, my high school graduation, wedding), but it's not hooked up and we don't use it. On a very rare occasion, I do still use a phonebook, but not often. The last time I used a paper map was last year while my hubby and I were traveling in Canada. And it's only been a few months since I started using my phone as an alarm clock - so much easier!

This was my view for most of our time in Canada. 
We did use a GPS as well, but it was helpful to see the bigger picture. 


3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? As a general rule of thumb, no. Not unless you like a good debate.

4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month? I don't find myself craving a lot. Maybe something hot as I tend to eat a lot of "cooler" foods in the hotter months.

5. What's something you know nothing about? Quantum physics. 

6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece? I do like classical music. It's only been as an adult that I started to enjoy it more. I find it very soothing and relaxing. I don't have a favorite piece though. 

7. What's the oldest thing you own? I still have my childhood blanket in a box in my basement. 

8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm happy it's September. October is one of my favorite months though. I love fall and I'm just hoping all these "above normal" snow predictions prove to be false. I'm ready for fall. I'm not ready for snow.




2 comments:

  1. Snow predictions? Oh my! October is a great month, I agree. Great webpage by the way, I love your header/tagline:) Creative. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping winter is a bit kinder this year too. I have my girl's 'blankies' in a box in the basement. My oldest was especially attached to hers. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?