Wednesday, March 15, 2017

{Review} Laura Story: Open Hands CD


I was given the wonderful opportunity to listen and review Laura Story's newest album, Open Hands. This is her fourth regular album to be released along with a Christmas album that she put out in 2015.

If anyone has every heard the story behind Laura's song, "Blessings," you know that she has suffered hardships in her life. This shows in her music. "Blessings" came from her husband, Martin's, bout with a brain tumor.

Laura is a gifted musician and singer/songwriter. Not only has she written many of her own songs, but she has also written for other artists including Chris Tomlin ("Indescribable").

There are 10 tracks on this CD including the title song. I've had this playing in my vehicle now for at least the last week. I'm absolutely loving all of the songs. In fact, I tried to turn it off and just play the radio as I figured my boys were getting tired of it after a few days. They turned it back on. It's that good.

The first three tracks are my ultimate favorites, but really, that's like decided if I like chocolate chip ice-cream or cherry vanilla ice-cream better. It's all good.

The very first time I listened to the CD was while I was on my way to church. I didn't even know the lyrics enough to sign along. And yet, they still hit me hard. I was crying and worshiping on the way there and eager to get back to listening again. I now wake up with the songs playing in my head each morning.

The title track - "Open Hands" - paints a wonderful picture of letting go of all the things we hold on to so tightly and allowing God to take it all.


Laura shares the inspiration for the song in the video you can find HERE.

My other favorites off the album are "Death Was Arrested" and "You Came Running."

It was interesting the other day as we were driving. My 15 year-old son mentioned that he has two favorites as well. His are track 5 and 10, "For the Love of My King" and "Extraordinary." He has good taste.

If you enjoy great worship music that has lyrics that will speak to your soul as you listen to them over and over, then you'll want to pick up a copy of this CD. You can purchase it HERE (iTunes) or HERE (Amazon) or other retail outlets.


Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway.  Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.


1 comment:

  1. Love! Blessings is one of my favorites ever. Sarah had me play it on repeat today.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?