Sunday, March 11, 2007

Who ARE you?

A friend sent me this e-mail. I had to share it with everyone here....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had an amazing sermon in church today, titled: The Exchanged Life: Grasping our true identity in Christ - which was based on Galatians 2:20, I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Pastor Pat began his sermon in this way: When you're applying for a job, what is the first thing you list? Your name. And then what (it is assumed that your address is a function of your name)? Your experience/work history. But is that WHO you are? No...it is your heritage...your accomplishments...but not WHO you are. (end of Pastor Pat's credits, lol)

When you meet someone, you always say, "hello, I'm (name)"...but is your name your true identity? We identify ourselves by our names and what we do or our children (as is the case mostly with women in conversation, lol). But that is only heritage (the name) and accomplishments (the children). It is not the definition of WHO we are.

So...WHO ARE YOU? This is who I am:
I am a child of God (John 1:12)
I am a son; an heir (Galatians 4:7)
I am a co-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17)
I am chosen; predestined (Ephesians 1:11)
I am the true vine (John 15:1, 5)
I am justified freely by His grace (Romans 3:24)
I am am no longer a slave to sin (Romans 6:6)
I am not condemned; I am in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)
I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2)
I am accepted (Romans 15:7)
I am sanctified in Christ Jesus; I am called to be holy (1 Corinthians 1:2)
I am faithful (Ephesians 1:1)
I am a holy and faithful brother (Colossians 1:2)
I am IN Christ Jesus (1 Corinthians 1:30)
I am God's temple (1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19)
I am one with the Lord in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17)
I am SAVED (2 Corinthians 2:15)
I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I have a home in heaven (2 Corinthians 5:1)
I am one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28)
I am not burdened by the yoke of slavery(Galatians 5:1)
I am blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ (Ephesians 1:3)
I am holy and blameless in his sight (Ephesians 1:4)
I am redeemed; forgiven (Ephesians 1:7)
I am included (Ephesians 1:13)
I am made alive (Ephesians 2:4-5)
I am raised up (Ephesians 2:6)
I am God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)
I am no longer far away from Christ (Ephesians 2:13)
I am a member of one body (Ephesians 3:6; 5:30)
I am a new self (Ephesians 4:24)
I am the light of the Lord; a child of light (Ephesians 5:8)
I am a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20)
I am guarded in Christ (Philippians 4:7)
I am not needy; my needs have been met (Philippians 4:19)
I have been given fullness (Colossians 2:10)
I have been raised with Christ (Colossians 3:1)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I am alive in Christ (Colossians 3:4)
I am one of God's chosen people; I am dearly loved (Colossians 3:12)
I am chosen (1 Thessalonians 1:4)

So...who are YOU? Are you defined by what you do, by your name, by where you live, by the teams you support? Are you defined by the church you attend, by the children you raise, by the friends you keep?

All these verses listed above are the RIGHTS given to us by the sacrifice that Christ Jesus made for us on the cross. Are you resting in YOUR rights as a child of God?

Select one of those verses listed above. For the rest of the week - meditate on this verse; think upon the sacrifice that allows you that particular right. We live because Christ died for us. We are children of God. Remember that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?