Monday, September 17, 2007

And a New Year Begins

I took the plunge & started school last week - finally! I kept saying I wanted to start during a full week of school. That just wasn't going to happen. I started last Wednesday & just did an hour each day - just enough to get our feet wet so to speak. Today was our first "official" day - not really as I did count the three days from last week, but we started on our regular schedule with all of our subjects. It went very well & didn't take me as long as I had thought it would either. Of course, instead of being reassuring, it has me worried I'm not doing enough! Does the madness never end?? ::grin::

On a good note, B seemed to do okay with CQLA - our new language art program. Of course, it IS only the first day. He didn't balk at the copywork & it's the longest piece I've ever had him do. I thought that a very good thing.

N's energy seemed to flag a bit near the end, but that may be because I forced him to stay & listen through our history reading. ::grin:: Then when I was done I realized I did the reading I had planned for today AND tomorrow. Hmmm, I may have to go back & revisit the lesson plans again.

It was a good day & fall is fast approaching so I did sneak in a nature scavenger hunt for all three boys later on in the afternoon. I need to give them a longer list next time but even J had a good time.

I ended the day by getting together some listings for eBay. Phew! I love the end result of eBay but I really dislike the listing process. Today seemed to go better though. I did all my photos & after I took each photo, I did up a description in Word. Then I could just upload the photos & copy & paste the description. It went much faster - well the actually on-line time did. I have a few more to do tomorrow. Then I get to reap the benefits - hopefully! Oh & if anyone else gets the urge to do eBay - now is the month. All insertions fees (for items started at $9.99 or less) are free this month. I still paid for gallery photos & extra photos, but the initial insertion fee was waived.

2 comments:

  1. Which level of CQLA are you doing with B? I'm on level c, I really like it except when you have to re-write an essay 3-4 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we've been doing school (somewhat) regularly for the past few weeks, I still can't get started "on time." Trevor also has had much longer copywork assignments, yet hasn't complained one bit and is doing really well with them!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?